Thursday, April 25, 2013

Post 8: Editing: Fun with Splicing

And now, editing the master shot.  The footage from our production turned out well.  We were able to get the desired chiaroscuro effect with using the key light as well as an extra lamp that the owner of the shed had (by the way, we picked the shed for its gloomy, rundown appearance inside).  But back to editing, I enjoyed helping out with the editing process (it is worth the long nights, especially with friends).  I have been using Final Cut Pro since high school, so with most the process, I was able to help.  Editing is a fun process in filmmaking, but I feel as though sticking strictly to editing is something I'm not skilled at.  With what we had, I though of new techniques that we could use for the film.  Some of the ideas seemed fitting to the story.  Some ideas did not.  But I was glad to at least be a part of the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment