Thursday, April 25, 2013

Post 10: Sound Editing: The Hills Are Alive With The Sound of Editing

The fun with sound continues as my assigned partner and I continue to whittle away with editing our sound project.  Already, we have chosen the title for the two-minute sound barrage: Derive the Trajectory of Absolution. For some reason, I can't help but picture a bleak industrial setting, similar to that of David Lynch's Eraserhead.  Then again, we are trying to avoid a narrative structure in this piece (as instructed).  So we've decided to add a touch of what sounds like a Godzilla-themed audible atmosphere (actually, I'd compare it more to the Cloverfield monster), as a chaotic mess from out of nowhere ensues.  Both of these would be bridged by a seemingly comic hodgepodge of falling debris and satisfaction.  But as hard as I try, I can't help but plan this out mentally as if it were a narrative.  My perceptions of experimental might have to dig deeper into the trenches of the abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment