Thursday, April 25, 2013

Post 13: The Class: Only The Beginning...


            As this semester in FST 201 draws to a close, I can't help but look back on what I've learned within the past 16 weeks.  Undoubtedly it's had its ups and downs, but what have really made an impact on me are the trials and tribulations that were thrown at me.  I've realized that, as a filmmaker, I'm always going to face obstacles in varying forms.  There will be schedule conflicts, creative differences, equipment malfunctions, killer bees, and other inevitable hindrances that test my dedication to filmmaking; waiting for me to utter the words "I give up."  Well, I'm still here, still going strong.
            The importance of networking was another vital component I learned about filmmaking.  Some of the most successful directors always have recurring cast and crewmembers in their films.  Just look at how many of Quentin Tarantino's films Samuel L. Jackson has been in, or how many of Tim Burton's films star Johnny Depp (seriously, Tim, just dump Helena and hook up with Johnny already).  The friendships you form on the set can play a huge role for future productions.

            Oh yeah, and when pitching an idea, here's a little inspiration… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5GUOM62X4

            But I'm at the final stretch of the semester.  It's been a ball and a half to be a part of this class, and I can't thank my classmates and my instructor enough for helping me learn new things, improve on what I know, and carry on with strong optimism.  I know this class will continue to benefit me later on down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment