Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Post 6: Just Call Me Mr. Max Bialystock



            My role for our upcoming master shot project is to serve as the group's producer.  I must say that paperwork and I are as close as Israel and Palestine.  But this is simply a challenge I have to overcome, which I'm sure I can do.
            As a producer, my job is to scout locations and talent fitting to the director's vision.  Since our film primarily focuses on a character in an interrogation, our location has to appear cold and miserable.  For this, we should steer clear of just any apartment (I'm picturing a cozy, basic living space, which would work if our interrogator would be a middle-class 20-something hipster).  Fortunately, our group members have ideal suggestions such as an empty studio here in the school, an old shed behind a friend's house, and an empty garage.
            As for talent, we are still looking.  Of course we are hoping to get someone who, at least, has acting experience, or is a theater major (I know a few).  One idea is to ask a classmate of ours if he is willing to play the part of the victim.  Nothing final yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment